What are tempered glass screen protectors?
Tempered glass screen protectors. What a mouth full. A tempered glass screen protector is defined as a “multi-layered screen protector” that is up to five times stronger than normal glass. Simply put, tempered glass is a glass that has went through thermal treatment by hydrofluoric acid, thus resulting in a stronger, more scratch resistant and shatterproof material. Exactly what every accident-prone person needs!
Durable and Reliable
Smartphones are incredibly prone to shattered screens. Thin plastic films are vulnerable to scratches and you’ll be forced to replace a new one pretty often. Tempered glass will protect your screen by absorbing the force of direct impacts on hard surfaces, and protects against scratches from contact with coins in your pocket to sharp objects. They are incredibly heat resistant, durable, and you won’t have to worry about greasy smudges, oils or fingerprints so you can view your photos and videos in HD crystal clear quality. Don’t believe us? Check out this drop test that TechNLoaded did.
How To Apply It
It can get pretty annoying seeing air-bubbles in plastic screen protectors, but you won’t have to worry about bubbles or misalignment with tempered glass. There are a couple of ways you can install a glass screen protector: dry mounting and wet mounting.
Dry Mounting (you’ll need a squeegee)
- Open the sticky side of the screen protector and slowly place it on the screen in order to ensure the right fit.
- Use the squeegee to get rid of the bubbles by dragging them towards the ends of the screen.
- Open the top side of the screen protector in order to enjoy your perfectly clean screen.
Wet Mounting (you’ll need alcohol spray)
- Using the alcohol spray, clean the screen thoroughly before placing the screen protector on the phone.
- Just like the dry mounting method, place the protector on the screen slowly and apply the squeezer to remove any remaining alcohol.
- Leave the screen dry for about 30 minutes and do not tamper until it is dried.
*Tip: Do not add a phone case to the phone until 4 hours after installation
Is It Worth It?
Don’t be afraid of spending a little more than regular plastic screen protectors. In the long run, you’ll be happy you didn’t have to spend hundreds replacing your screen over and over again. Check out our collection of screen protectors for low wholesale prices.
How To Clean It
What’s stopping you know! Discover the advantages of a tempered glass screen protector today and enjoy your smartphone everyday.